The 8 Best Probiotic Supplements for Kids
Nature’s Plus AcidophiKidz results in healthful gastrointestinal balance for your children, because of its intestinal floral. Kids will love the mixed berry flavor, and parents will enjoy knowing they have chosen a probiotic that is gluten free and includes pure fructooligosaccharides (FOS) to “maximize the effects of probiotic supplementation by enhancing bioavailability and fostering friendly intestinal floral growth.”
Key ingredients: Rhododendron caucasicum, B. coagulans, fructooligosaccharides
2. Rainbow Light Probiolicious GummiesWith its shelf-stable, gluten-, soy-, and dairy-free Probiolicious Gummies, Rainbow Light seeks to make supporting and maintaining a healthy digestive system for your children and yourself as simple as possible. Don’t worry about food allergies because the Allergen Safeguard guarantees Probiolicious Gummies do not contain gluten, soy, yeast, milk, eggs, nuts, fish, or shellfish.
Key ingredients: 1 billion CFU Bio-Active Probiotic Defense, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Prebiotics from inulin and FOS
3. Delpro – Probiotics for Immune System HealthDelpro probiotic supplements keep children’s digestive tracts in balance. In fact, in July 2013, The Journal of Probiotics and Health reported that Delpro capsules helped children with autism suffering from bowel problems. Generation Rescue, which conducted the study in conjunction with Pure Research Products LLC, shared the results of the study: “Of the 25 respondents … 57% reported a decrease in constipation severity and 52% reported a decrease in diarrhea.”
Key ingredients: Del-Immune V powder, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacerium longum, Lactobacillus delbrueckii
4. Garden of Life RAW Probiotics KidsA formula is specifically designed for kids’ unique needs and includes raw, organic, and whole food probiotics. RAW Probiotics Kids contains over 5 billion live probiotic cells per daily serving and supports probiotic growth, digestive health, and your child’s immune system. Safe for kids 3 months and older, RAW Probiotics Kids also is gluten free.
Key ingredients: 23 RAW and organic fruits and vegetables, RAW inulin, over 5 billion live probiotic cells per daily serving
5. ReNewLife Ultimate Flora Kids ProbioticWith its berrylicious flavor, Ultimate Flora Kids Probiotic will make your kids happy while you can rest assured that the supplement is a safe and gentle way of balancing the good bacteria in their intestines to support their growing immune systems. Ultimate Flora Kids Probiotic also protects teeth because it is naturally sweetened with Xylitol.
Key ingredients: 3 billion live cultures per tablet, 6 kid-friendly probiotic strains, Lactobacili and Bifidobacteria
6. Culturelle Kids Probiotic PacketsClinically proven to help reduce infrequent belly problems such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea, Culturelle Kids helps balance the good and bad bacteria in your kids’ digestive systems.
Key ingredients: 100% naturally sourced Lactobacillus GG, 5 billion cells per packet, dairy-free formula
7. NOW Foods BerryDophilus ChewablesBerryDophilus Chewables combine probiotic strains that support gastrointestinal health and healthy immune systems, especially with the added healthy intestinal flora. The chewables are safe for both children (age 2 and up) and adults, and they won’t harm anyone’s teeth because they are sweetened with Xylitol.
Key ingredients: FOS, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum
8. Number One Nutrition Advanced ProbioticNumber One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic is safe for the entire family, because it is made with an all-natural, vegetarian formula. This probiotic supplement supports the digestive, metabolic, and immune systems and can improve colon health. Number One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic is an Amazon #1 Best Seller in antidiarrheal medications.
Key ingredients: Lactobacillus, Acidophilus, 10 Billion CFUs and intestinal flora in every serving